Author Topic: anyone good in PC hardware? GM3K?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
anyone good in PC hardware? GM3K?
« on: 13 December 2012 à 12:42:36 »
ok so whats the bottleneck(what the game uses the most processor or graphics card) of tantra online gaming?

I know this is an old game but Im not sure what the game uses power the most.

I tried running the game in 4 different PC's

In My Trials:

PC1. processor :: 6mB cache and 4.2Ghz with graphics card 4.1 Ghz and 1gb memory

tantra runs smoothly, with very good FPS.. doesnt lag even with full pets on screen

PC2.. processor:: 1mb cache and 1.8ghz with graphics card 900mhz and 512mb

tantra runs smoothly at first but lags after an hour of play

PC3 processor:: 6mb cache and 3.4ghz  with graphics card 900mhz and 1 gb memory

tantra runs smoothly, almost the same as the first PC, doesnt lag even with lower type of graphics card

PC4.. processor:: 1mb cache and 1.6ghz with graphics 1.8ghz and 1gb memory

tantra has very low FPS even with good graphics but has low end processor

I NEED SUGGESTION ON WHATS REALLY the BOTTLENECK OF THIS ONLINE GAME..

Offline baragista

• Kasatriya Level 2
    • View Profile
Re: anyone good in PC hardware? GM3K?
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2012 à 13:00:44 »
maybe PC 1 is good :) hehehe

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2012 à 13:04:34 »
maybe PC 1 is good :) hehehe

yes... but I want to know whats really important on this particular game..
should I improve my CPU more or improve my graphics...
most new games today rely much on graphics card not the processor.

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2012 à 13:08:14 »
also found this thread:

https://forum-tantra.3000fr.com/index.php?topic=1634.0

he's asking why he has low FPS despite of a good PC specs..

Offline baragista

• Kasatriya Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2012 à 13:43:49 »
absent ako sa klasi lagi e..hehehe
sorry

Offline dexter14

• Kasatriya Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2012 à 15:05:21 »
you need a good internet connection to maximize your computer spec...

Offline MEZZERSCHMITT

• Abatara Level 1
  • Shut Up and Play!
    • View Profile
  • Char 1: DETHRONEDMESSiAH
  • Char 2: pRinceAndrEw
  • Char 3: TiFFANYHWANG
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2012 à 15:20:28 »
Building a good PC doesn't rely only on either Processor or VC .. just choose a good combo or build .. first, choose a good Processor (AMD Fx Series or Intel i3 to i7 Series) then a mobo that is compatible w/ your proc.  then a good VC for graphic enhancement and RAM (4G or 8G) for faster (loading etc) .. balance is needed .. plus a good internet connection for delays .. but for TANTRAfr i think the problem is not really 100% on the PC .. but on the net and location .. coz the server is far from us .. well maybe ..

DETHRONEDMESSiAH :naga:|DethronedArazieL :kimnara:|pRinceAndrEw :yaksa:|TiffanyHwang :rakshasa:|JessicaJung :garuda:|pRjnceAndrEw :asura:Necrophagist :asura:
MorbidAngeL :asura:|LIMYOONA :garuda:| KimTaeyeon :gandharva:|pRinceAndrEw :deva:|TjffanyHwang :garuda:|DemonicDevilizer :asura:|FleshgodApocalypse :rakshasa:
MEZZERSCHMITT :naga: | ARAZIEL :naga: |ER3BUS :naga: |Vassh :yaksa: |oOoJamoOo :kimnara: |SeohyuN :rakshasa: |AdmiralKaelthaz :yaksa:
Ga†es Of Ish†ar | Vishnu All S†ars | Brahman All S†ars | Shivan All S†ars | GIRLS` GENERATION |WickeD TarsieR |° Dark † CounciL °

Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.

Offline Maestro

• Mijung Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Tantra Master
  • Char 1: MAESTRO
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2012 à 16:07:24 »
In korea PC desktop is the best, the minimal requirement for the game is above Dual core AMD or Intel...But i've seen here they used Quadcore, Dual GL grapphics, Hi Watts Power and Bigger Byte Server

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2012 à 21:42:01 »
you need a good internet connection to maximize your computer spec...

I have 20mpbs download and 1mpbs upload.. I think my download speed is good enough but upload isn't.. so maybe tantra needs more upload speed?

Building a good PC doesn't rely only on either Processor or VC .. just choose a good combo or build .. first, choose a good Processor (AMD Fx Series or Intel i3 to i7 Series) then a mobo that is compatible w/ your proc.  then a good VC for graphic enhancement and RAM (4G or 8G) for faster (loading etc) .. balance is needed .. plus a good internet connection for delays .. but for TANTRAfr i think the problem is not really 100% on the PC .. but on the net and location .. coz the server is far from us .. well maybe ..

yes I think ur right tantra it does not rely on PC... I check ping on the server several times and I get 160-180 ms of ping.. must be because of the location or the server it self...

In korea PC desktop is the best, the minimal requirement for the game is above Dual core AMD or Intel...But i've seen here they used Quadcore, Dual GL grapphics, Hi Watts Power and Bigger Byte Server

oh Damn Korea, best internet in the world.. I am always jealous of their internet connection.. the internet there is very cheap. I heard you can buy there 100mbps and pay only $30-40 a month.  We also have 100mbps here for $100 a month which is very
expensive...
3 of my PC are on quadcore processor but I dont think tantra need that much power.. even U can dual screen on a dualcore processor..

PLANETHOSTER HEBERGEMENT Multi-Sites + Sites illimités + 100% isolés Espace disque illimité