Author Topic: How to Overclock  (Read 6624 times)

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: How to Overclock
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2014 à 05:12:28 »

i think he tweaked it in the Bios sir..  sorry of im wrong..  :lol: :lol:

if you dont mind sir.. can you show us some CPU-Z or dxdiag of your built rig..
if it is OK with ya..  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, I dont mind

it used to be OC at 4 ghz when I was full time playing Tantra but since I dont play games very often I set if back to default
The fans are just too loud when OverClocked..

BIOS setting Sir, i set the OC configuration of the CPU and RAM but the voltages and frequency of each clocks are AUTOmatic inorder to avoid overheating ( becoz when i set those OC in different clocks the ram does not respond after changes occur).. Sometimes i let my PC on for 10 hrs or more but it does not go shutdown or making too noisy at given time... But when using Bandicam or Screen it freeze when IRIN is casted in kruma with many players around, but when 1 on 1 i dont get Lag or freeze.

I think setting it to automatic makes it more vulnerable to overheating.. as you increased the CPU frequency it needs more power.. thats the reason why voltage increased as well.
typically, the motherboard gives generous amount of voltage than what the cpu really needs,  if you set it to auto, it may give higher voltage to keep up with the demand.. so its not always recommended. The best way to know if system is stable after overclock is by running a stress/torture test .. prime95 is one of the best tool for this test...

I see your following Linus' Tutorials.. I think I see him once before at a local computer shop where he works..

Offline MAUDELIXIOUS-VIDYA

• Consultants
  • Kasatriya Level 1
  • A feeble, woman's body with a King's heart!
    • View Profile
  • Char 1: MAUDELIXIOUS-fs
  • Char 2: MAUDELIXEOUS-smbat
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2014 à 08:12:04 »
Is it not dangerous to do overclocking? I may not understand it but I was reading comments in youtube that it will destroy your PC. Though, I agree with you doing a stress test.

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 October 2014 à 09:02:55 »
Is it not dangerous to do overclocking? I may not understand it but I was reading comments in youtube that it will destroy your PC. Though, I agree with you doing a stress test.

Well its not really dangerous if you know what you are doing, but if you dont know, the risk of destroying your system is high.

Ofcourse there is always a downside of overclocking, such as Decreasing the lifespan of your CPU.. but its worth it since modern

CPU has a lifespan of 10 years or more....

Offline MAUDELIXIOUS-VIDYA

• Consultants
  • Kasatriya Level 1
  • A feeble, woman's body with a King's heart!
    • View Profile
  • Char 1: MAUDELIXIOUS-fs
  • Char 2: MAUDELIXEOUS-smbat
« Reply #18 on: 01 October 2014 à 09:34:24 »
Oh okay. Got it.  :)

Offline Maestro

• Mijung Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Tantra Master
  • Char 1: MAESTRO
« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2014 à 12:39:19 »
Sure, I dont mind

it used to be OC at 4 ghz when I was full time playing Tantra but since I dont play games very often I set if back to default

I think setting it to automatic makes it more vulnerable to overheating.. as you increased the CPU frequency it needs more power.. thats the reason why voltage increased as well.
typically, the motherboard gives generous amount of voltage than what the cpu really needs,  if you set it to auto, it may give higher voltage to keep up with the demand.. so its not always recommended. The best way to know if system is stable after overclock is by running a stress/torture test .. prime95 is one of the best tool for this test...

I see your following Linus' Tutorials.. I think I see him once before at a local computer shop where he works..

Thank you very much for your concern and i appreciated all your responses..very informative and i am sure i can take this for good..Good game Sir

Offline macoi

• Braman Level 1
  • ¤ Shiva Uni†ed ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 October 2014 à 14:38:18 »
Sure, I dont mind

Good PC .. Though i never really do understand much of AMD Products.. their Processors and Cards..
what i do understand in AMD's is that... yeah..! they are Built Good for gaming..
because of their more core to core Processors working independently..
yet.! if you have more cores the more it consumes power.. and more power means more heat out put..
and you know what heat does to pc..  :g201r: :g201: :g201b: .. but.. ITS GOOD FOR GAMING though..   :lol: :lol: :lol:

but.. i wonder sir.. why bother Overclocking.? do tantra have:
Shaders, Environment Quality, Tessalation Quality, Motion Blurr.
Anti-aliasing, Global Ullimination, Vsync, Ambien Occlusion or any of those bull sheeps...   :lol: :lol: :lol:
to give a good Overclock and have a boots in gaming for a better Performance in Tantra Gaming..
what are the improvements? or is it really necessary?? PEACE...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline angelSIDE

• Mijung Level 1
  • ∀ngeL in-name ♈♆✖✡✪★☆✙☆★✪✡✖♆♈ ÐeviL in-game
    • View Profile
    • Holy Knights' Dark Queen
  • Char 1: Holy Knights
  • Char 2: Dark
  • Char 3: Queen
« Reply #21 on: 01 October 2014 à 14:50:04 »
GM macoi   :) miss u..
ɐɳǥɘℓƧƗƊƎ

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 October 2014 à 21:11:44 »
Good PC .. Though i never really do understand much of AMD Products.. their Processors and Cards..
what i do understand in AMD's is that... yeah..! they are Built Good for gaming..
because of their more core to core Processors working independently..
yet.! if you have more cores the more it consumes power.. and more power means more heat out put..
and you know what heat does to pc..  :g201r: :g201: :g201b: .. but.. ITS GOOD FOR GAMING though..   :lol: :lol: :lol:

but.. i wonder sir.. why bother Overclocking.? do tantra have:
Shaders, Environment Quality, Tessalation Quality, Motion Blurr.
Anti-aliasing, Global Ullimination, Vsync, Ambien Occlusion or any of those bull sheeps...   :lol: :lol: :lol:
to give a good Overclock and have a boots in gaming for a better Performance in Tantra Gaming..
what are the improvements? or is it really necessary?? PEACE...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

right,  I like amd because they have high price to performance ratio. Consoles like playstation and xbox use AMD processor, however i think Intel is still superior in overall performance, they are just too expensive.

what you mention is more about graphics.. tantra does not need so much graphics processing because its an old game.
a low end dedicated graphics will do. The concern is the processor since its a MMO type game and needs to process lots of instances..

Furthermore, tantra only uses 1 core of your CPU.. its not optimized to used the other cpus simultaneously.
(you can verify this in the task manager).. so you can gain an increased in performance when you overclock.
I guess I noticed an increased of 10fps after a OC my cpu..

Offline maiden

• Braman Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 October 2014 à 23:58:08 »
Thank you very much for your concern and i appreciated all your responses..very informative and i am sure i can take this for good..Good game Sir

No prob.  :g20:

Good game

Offline macoi

• Braman Level 1
  • ¤ Shiva Uni†ed ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 October 2014 à 01:06:17 »
GM macoi   :) miss u..

elow GM AnglSIDE.. miss u too.. mwahhh .. mwaahh..  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Maestro

• Mijung Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Tantra Master
  • Char 1: MAESTRO
« Reply #25 on: 02 October 2014 à 02:42:03 »
right,  I like amd because they have high price to performance ratio. Consoles like playstation and xbox use AMD processor, however i think Intel is still superior in overall performance, they are just too expensive.

what you mention is more about graphics.. tantra does not need so much graphics processing because its an old game.
a low end dedicated graphics will do. The concern is the processor since its a MMO type game and needs to process lots of instances..

Furthermore, tantra only uses 1 core of your CPU.. its not optimized to used the other cpus simultaneously.
(you can verify this in the task manager).. so you can gain an increased in performance when you overclock.

Your right Sir, after OC the CPUS and Ram my FPS improved a bit, i am so gratefull that some one like you same as my CPU spec or your higher than my spec is that makes me a better student  :lol: still learning hehe

Offline macoi

• Braman Level 1
  • ¤ Shiva Uni†ed ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2014 à 11:32:53 »

sorry for the delay sir.. Work priorities..  :lol: :lol: :lol:

YES.. sir.. i have to agree with you to that.. when i assembled my rig..
my pockets are flying with butterflies when i bought my rig..  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intel and Nvidia are so Cruel when it comes to Price tags..  :g32: :g32: :g32:

so basically saying sir.. based on your observations?
you are an AMD user? and you are familiar on this..
can you really say that this is Overclocked? or Just some plain Unlocked?

PLANETHOSTER HEBERGEMENT Multi-Sites + Sites illimités + 100% isolés Espace disque illimité